I am Grimsby born and bred. I started out on the Nunsthorpe and Grange Estates, was looked after by my Great Aunt from the age of seven and was supported by local young people’s homeless charity Doorstep when I was 17.
I live in the town with my family, as I did when I was working as a trade union official before being elected as your Member of Parliament. We use the same local facilities and services that you do, the local primary school, GPs, hospital, and transport. I am 100% committed to getting the best for Great Grimsby.
When I stood to be your MP just two years ago I promised to fight for the jobs, regeneration and investment that our town needed. Since then I have:
· Fought to save hundreds of jobs;
· Delivered well-paid, highly-skilled jobs in renewables;
· Secured apprenticeship commitments across industry for our young people;
· And helped bring in new investment to Great Grimsby Town Centre.
There is still so much more to do.
· The Conservative Government’s funding cuts are threatening the future of our schools and nurseries;
· Our local NHS Trust has gone into special measures for a second time;
· Violent crime locally is up 59% since 2010;
· Now the Tories are planning new tax rises which families in Great Grimsby who haven’t had a pay rise in years can’t afford.
We need a strong local voice to stand up for Great Grimsby’s interests.
Representing my town in Westminster since 2015 and giving something back to my community has been a privilege. I hope I can count on your support , so we can continue Making Grimsby Great Again.