Getting rid of Tollbar roundabout is causing concern to residents of the area. This concern is being stoked up by local Tories who have short term electoral success ahead of long term benefits for the local population. Let's look at some facts:-
- The roundabout is heavily congested at peak times.
- School children don't have a safe place to cross (the heavily congested junction)
- There are going to be hundreds if not thousands of new houses built in the area, thus compounding any problems.
- Evidence has shown that intelligent light increase traffic flow (Riby square for example)
- New scheme has independently scrutinised.
Having just a few of these facts, it seems sensible to get on and improve the junction now, before it becomes even more congested and even more dangerous for the school children.
Whilst nobody is happy with the time line given for the works and everyone has sympathy for residents that will be disrupted. It can't be sensible to wait, which will cause even more issues in say three or four years time...
Local Tories are out of their depth when it comes to improving our area..not credible, no understanding of integrated issues, Party success over improving our area....